Who IS your Danny?
- I live in Texas. I was born in Amarillo in 1965
- My dad was a professional baseball player.
- I started in the car business in 1985. I am still not comfortable with the way most dealerships approach it.
- Some people golf or fish. In my spare time, I study leadership and digital marketing.
- I am right-brained. I am an idea machine.
- I can help your dealership in ways you haven’t thought about.
- I am the youngest of four and grew up like Beaver Clever.
- I was the GM and Operating Partner of a Ford dealership. My first GM job was in 1995.
- I used to be a professional stand-up comedian. I can light up a crowd.
- I have A.D.D.
- My German Shepherd’s name is Cocoa, my cat’s name is Maui.
- I am obsessed with being different. The status quo is my enemy.
- I am a developer. Not software, but humans.
- I speak at national automotive conferences and write for national publications.
- I know a lot more about 80’s music trivia than I should.
- My Strengths Finders says my number one strength is Competition.
- My DISC assessment says I’m off the charts dominant and pretty non-compliant.
- I’m likely to cry watching a movie.
- Words used to describe me: Teacher | Disruptor | Innovator | Trainer | Writer | Speaker | Mentor | Servant | Smart | Problem Solver | Visionary
Here are some things I can help with.
Having served in EVERY department of the retail automobile business over thirty years, I can safely say, if it needs attention, I can help. I am a Dealer Therapist (Unlicensed). I love studying dealership culture and CSI.
General Managers, Sales Managers, F&I, Sales Professionals, Internet Departments, Parts, and Service. You name it, we teach it. I am warning you, I am unconventional. If you are looking for old-school stuff, I'm not your guy. I can, however, email you a long list of 'old school' experts that will freshen you up on some 80's style techniques.
Traditional, Digital, Social. We can help unlock the mysteries of where to spend your marketing dollars while giving out-of-the-box ideas to set you apart...way apart. Unconventional warning #2: I hate the status quo. If you are calling on me, chances are your current marketing efforts aren't working. My motto is, "If it ain't broke, change it anyway."
No matter how large or small your event is, I can light up a crowd like nobody's business. Almost all of my thirty plus years in business have either been in the car business or stand up comedy as a performer or writer. Enough said.
See "Speaking". As an after dinner speaker, you can get by with a few jokes and a beer or two. When conducting hands-on workshops that last from one hour to one week, you better have something to say. My workshops are current and informative with an emphasis on original take-home ideas that can be utilized immediately. They are also funny as hell.
When it comes to moderating, you either have it or you don't. Improvisation is my bag. I know a lot of people who think they are moderators, but I can count the great ones on one hand. I am proud to be one of those fingers. (Not that one!)